We have my daughter Stachira to thank for this thing on grilled cheeses because it was her idea. The backstory is she is obsessed with the grilled cheeses sold at Starbucks. She wants them often and obviously they’re pretty expensive for some bread & cheese so we decided to google if we could find a Starbucks copy-cat grilled cheese online. And we did!!!! It’s honestly really good, but a grilled cheese doesn’t have to be complicated to be good!! Two slices of bread with a Kraft American Cheese slice works for me – throw in a side bowl of tomato soup & I’ll be extra happy.
But the tip Stachira really wants to share with y’all is that you should put the grilled cheese in your air-fryer instead of in a pan on the stove top. Really was a game changer for her! Because when I first tested out the Starbucks copycat grilled cheese for Stachira I cooked it on the stove-top. Then she came to me later and said: “Mom, we need to try this in the air-fryer…I think it will be better.” So we did. And she was right.
Softened butter for spreading
2-4 slices sandwich bread
¼ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
½ cup gruyere cheese, cheddar cheese and fontina cheese
5 min prep time
10 min cooking time
15 min total time
- Take a non-stick skillet or a pan and heat it on a medium-low flame.
- Now on this pan, put some softened butter and apply this butter to the slices of bread on each side by pressing upon the bread to the pan.
- Now take the bread out of the pan and fill it with some parmesan, cheese on both the slices and on the top as well and cover the bread with another slice and keep the parmesan side facing upwards.
- Now put this sandwich into the skillet or pan and let it cook on both its sides until the filling gets melted inside.
- Cook it on a low flame until the bread turns golden brown in color.
Stachira’s PRO TIP: skip cooking it in a pan on the stove top & use an air fryer!!!! If you don’t have an air fryer, you’re missing out. I have a few good ones listed on my Amazon Favorites page: https://www.amazon.com/shop/radioamy?listId=WMVI0P1SHL54 .
Link to recipe: https://thefoodxp.com/starbucks-grilled-cheese-recipe/